Welcome to my recipe blog! I hope I can give you some inspiration to try some new recipes. I started this because I was feeling in a rut with my cooking. When I would find a new recipe online I was saving the page but then my bookmarks were overloaded. This is an easier way for me to keep them organized AND to share them with my friends and family. I typically create a monthly menu that includes links to the recipes on here. I have not figured out how to upload my menu to the blog but if you are interested, send me your e-mail and I will get it to you. We are pretty plain eaters around here so nothing fancy but it's mostly kid friendly that way.

If you try a recipe, please leave a comment on how it was. Any advice or tips for that recipe would be great too.

Happy Cooking!
Amy

Monday, March 5, 2012

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancake

Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes


Ingredients

3/4 cup of milk
2 Tbs white vinegar (OR exchange 3/4 cup of buttermilk for the milk and vinegar)
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 Tbs white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 Tbs melted butter

Directions

In a measure cup, combine the milk and vinegar, let sit for a minute.

In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix to combine.

Whisk egg and melted butter into the buttermilk mixture.

Add buttermilk/egg mixture to the dry ingredients, whisk together until lumps are gone.

Cook on a non-stick pan at medium high heat, about 2 minutes on each side until it's golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment