Tater
Tot Casserole
2 pounds tater tots, thawed
1 cup finely chopped onion (I think I may have used the
tastefully simple onion onion in your batch)
1 16 ounce container sour cream
1 8 ounce package sharp cheddar cheese shredded (I always
toss in more)
A dash of garlic powder
½ teaspoon seasoning salt
½ cup butter softened
3 cups cornflakes cereal (I crush it lightly in a ziplock
and usually add more because I like the crunchies)
½ cup melted butter
Directions:
1.
Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9 x 13 pan
2.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the
tater tots, soup, onion, sour cream, cheese, garlic powder, seasoning salt,
softened butter; mix well. Transfer to
the prepared pan. In a medium bowl
combine the cereal and melted butter and spread over casserole.
3.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes to
1 hour, or until heated through and browned on the top. It is helpful to put a cookie sheet under in
case of spillage. I also cover with
aluminum foil for 30 minutes of baking so the cornflakes don’t brown too much.
No comments:
Post a Comment