Welcome to my recipe blog! I hope I can give you some inspiration to try some new recipes. I started this because I was feeling in a rut with my cooking. When I would find a new recipe online I was saving the page but then my bookmarks were overloaded. This is an easier way for me to keep them organized AND to share them with my friends and family. I typically create a monthly menu that includes links to the recipes on here. I have not figured out how to upload my menu to the blog but if you are interested, send me your e-mail and I will get it to you. We are pretty plain eaters around here so nothing fancy but it's mostly kid friendly that way.

If you try a recipe, please leave a comment on how it was. Any advice or tips for that recipe would be great too.

Happy Cooking!
Amy

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Chicken Tortilla Soup

(From Pampered Chef)

4 corn tortillas

½ C. Onion, chopped

3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 12 oz.)

1 garlic clove

1/4 tsp. Chili powder

1/4 tsp. Ground cumin

2 cans (14 ½ oz. each) chicken broth

1 can diced tomatoes (14 ½ oz.)

1 can chopped green chilies (4 oz.)

Fresh cilantro, snipped

2 oz. cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 400°F. Cut tortillas into ½ inch strips using Pizza Cutter. Place on flat Baking Stone. Bake 7-8 minutes or until crisp.

Meanwhile, chop onion using Food Chopper. Cut chicken into ½ inch pieces using Chef's Knife. Heat 4 quart Casserole over medium-high heat. Spray with vegetable oil using Kitchen Spritzer. Add chicken; cook and stir 3 minutes. (I like to cook the chicken in my Deep Covered Baker and then cut up with my salad chopper!)

Add onion, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, chili powder and cumin. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Stir in broth, tomatoes and chilies. Bring to a boil.

Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes. Snip cilantro using Kitchen Shears.

Divide tortilla strips among 4 bowls. Ladle soup over tortillas using Nylon Ladle. Shred cheese over top with Rotary Grater. Sprinkle soup with cilantro. Garnish each bowl with lime slice to squeeze juice into soup, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment